SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Debian Sarge + software raid1 + lvm (how to get it working at install)
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Debian Sarge + software raid1 + lvm (how to get it working at install)
- From: Michael Fox <fox.michael@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:55:11 +1100
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=izUryX1lj9m2Hk3oNVxrnzt7seVGws7tetWnlvZyTnqcYAIz6TMkfX1V4DL5QZh9YwbF4y0pt+ZTgQewCPkwwfZIz5I6zuLrJLOTAyfHH8g4GzgRl1RYvv/PSNBLu6qjnn+NqKpoWvspXE/c3vVoVDGmFUmOuZluo37UvtSbKco=
- Reply-to: Michael Fox <fox.michael@xxxxxxxxx>
I've configure a debian sarge box with software raid1. I've then setup
LVM and created 3 lv's.
Upon going on with install I get an error at the point of installing
the kernel. I've tried using 2.6 and 2.4 kernels at install/boot and
get same error.
Get red screen saying unable to install kernel image2.6 or 2.4 package
see console for errors.
Root is on a DM device, but dmsetup not installed
Failed to creat initrd image
Then failed package stuff..
Anyone got any idea how to get around this?
I am just experimenting with lvm and software raid1 at install time.
If I can get this working, I'd love to convert my server to boot from
a software raid1, plus use lvm.