Re: [SLUG] Sound help

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:35:40 +1100
Luke Yelavich <themuso@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 10:44:19AM EST, Alan L Tyree wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to install Skype, but it has different instructions for
> > ALSA sound. How do I know if I am using ALSA?
>
> If you have the directory /proc/asound then you are using alsa.
> Another  way to check is to run lsmod and check whether there are any
> modules  with snd- or snd_ in their name. if so, you are also running
> alsa.
>
> Hope this helps.

It does. Thanks to all responders. I am not using alsa.

I am also having problems since the system does not seem to recognise my
mike (it is not seen by aumix). I don't think it is hardware since I
have the same problem on two different boxes (both running Sarge). Do I
need some special modules to get the mike recognised?

I don't understand sound I think.