Re: [SLUG] ".pub" files on linux

Dean Hamstead wrote:

it would be nice for oo to have a desktop publishing application

i dont know of any opensource app that would be comparable
to publisher or the adobe offerings.

flame away id be happy to see one

one could run publisher in wine?

Scribus, LyX etc are all capable of anything that Publisher can do. However, I publish a 24 page Club magazine each monthand have found that Publisher did not do the job easily. I ended up using Open Office. It turned out to be very effective and much simpler than Publisher to use and, since it works under Linux, does not require me to borrow my daughter's machine to do the job.

Stay well and happy
Heracles