Re: [SLUG] Ubuntu problem ... sortof

<quote who="Jason Rennie">

> I want to install java, but the simple apt-get mechanism on the ubuntu
> webpage that is recommended is broken. It is complaining about a
> deprecated package that cannot be installed.

Real error messages please. :-)

> This seems like a lot of work for something that works "out of the box",

You're trying to install proprietary software that doesn't come "in the
box"...

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

     "So between a jazz musician, a murderer, and a congressperson, all
    called 'Dave Camp', I have a lot of pressure to be evil." - GNOME's
                                 Dave Camp