SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ubuntu newness
- To: David <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ubuntu newness
- From: Peter Chubb <peterc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:55:50 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx, David Fisher <david.fisher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Comments: Hyperbole mail buttons accepted, v04.18.
>>>>> "david" == david <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
david> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, David Fisher wrote:
>> On Wed 28/9, David wrote:
>> >5: Sound. Inserting my favourite Mahler CD automatically started
>> up a CD >player (good!), but no sound came out (bad!). Maybe Ubuntu
>> doesn't like >Mahler.
>> This is totally unacceptable. If it won't play Bruckner as well,
>> its war.
>> >MediaPlayer plays Gustav perfectly. A bit depressing really :(
>> A lot of Mahler can be like that. Stay away from the 9th Symphony
>> and Das Lied von der Erde.
david> damn.. that was the problem... 9th sympathy! But what's this?
david> didn't get any sympathy from Led Zeppelin either :( -- SLUG -
I suggest you get Bach to work ... fire up a mixer and make sure that
output is enabled from the CD and the volume control isn't on zero.
Then you can Lizten to your heart's content.
Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately, the political takes *forever*