SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Re: [Linux-aus] New website rocks!
- To: pia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Re: [Linux-aus] New website rocks!
- From: Peter Gossner <gossner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:37:25 +0930
- Cc: Announce LA <announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, LUG <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-aus <linux-aus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>, committee-LA <committee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Geeze ya do it once and ...
- Reply-to: gossner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:52:09 +1000 <Pia> wrote:
>So LA have our new website. Finally! :)
>http://www.linux.org.au. Any breakages reported would be much
It all works 5X5 here (Woodside SAu :)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040614
Nice work... Very Nice.
Clean navigation , content is easily understood and IMHO well
focused. The Graphics are great, the off-site links relevant.
My one small tiny observation:
on < http://www.linux.org.au/linux/ >
(the about page)
Is there meant to be a link to an au or wav file with Linus pronouncing
Linux or have I misread :
While this is effectively the definitive pronunciation, Linus is
reported to have said:
"Call it what you like, just use it."
Hmmm (wonders what could be done with SABLE / festival here :) )
Message Composed: Fri Sep 17 07:02:03 UTC 2004
Sep 17 Battle of Antietam, 1862
Sep 18 Victory of Uprona in Burundi
< http://www.gnu.org/software/tetum/ >
< http://bigbutton.com.au/~gossner >
< gossner@xxxxxxxxxxxx >
<snipped with care>