SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Hard disk spin down, and GNOME.
- To: SLUG list <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Hard disk spin down, and GNOME.
- From: Luke Yelavich <themuso@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:56:55 +1000
- User-agent: Mutt/18.104.22.168i
I have managed to set up my laptop to allow my hard disk to be shut off after
a period of time while on battery. However, for the times I need to go into
GNOME, if the laptop is left idle for a while, the hard disk doesn't spin down.
Listening to the hard disk, it sounds like that it is making a read or write
every so often.
I have laptop mode turned on, with the hard disk set to spin down after 3 mins
of inactivity. Is there any setting in GNOME that can be changed to allow the
desired result? Running Slackware 10.0 with default GNOME 2.6 that comes with
it, on 2.4.27.
Thanks in advance.