SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] missing resolv.conf from new Debian install
- To: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] missing resolv.conf from new Debian install
- From: Dave Kempe <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:12:03 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6 (X11/20040502)
Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
If not, then the reason you don't have a resolv.conf is that the installer
didn't create one because it had no nameserver addresses to use.
which is precisely what happens really.
just create a new one Richard - echo "nameserver 18.104.22.168" >
or whatever your ISPs nameserver ip is.
you probably only need one