SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Fallback preparation before kernal install ?
- To: Rod Butcher <rbutcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Fallback preparation before kernal install ?
- From: Heracles <heracles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:16:56 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.7.1 (X11/20040626)
Rod Butcher wrote:
BTW - the disk problems I mentioned earlier - a brandnew Seagate SATA
drive would freeze up, back to shop & replaced by equivalent Western
Also, Seagate IDE same problem, also replaced by a W-D. System is now
rock-stable. Question is, big coincidence, or is there something
the way Seagate drives relate to Linux compared to W-D ?
I have always used Seagate IDE Drives and never had a problem. Never
tried their SATA drives though. Could be a coincidence or an
incompatability with the on board IDE chipset. I have a Gigabyte 2004RZ
Motherboard and two Seagate IDE Drives running this system.
Stay well and happy