SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Top and hyperthreading.
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Top and hyperthreading.
- From: Jeff Ai <jeffaiau@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:50:14 +1000
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.7.3 (X11/20040803)
Recently i upgraded from FC1 to FC2. My machine's got a P4 2.8 HT,
kernel is 2.6.8-1.521smp , lilo.conf has acpismp=force.
i found something quite strange.
1. cat /proc/cupinfo shows there are 2 CPUs, which is what i expected.
2. top shows only CPU. I remember with FC1 2.4.*smp kernel, i could see
2 CPUs in "top".
3. I am not noticing a dramatic change in performance, so i am not sure
if HT is actually working on my machine.
is there anything missing?