SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] 'named' problems (dns)
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] 'named' problems (dns)
- From: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:57:37 +1000
- Reply-by: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:26:04 +1000
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.6+20040803i
This one time, at band camp, Jared Pritchard wrote:
>I assume just by running it...?
>When I do it reports nothing. =)
It checks the config in (by default) /etc/named.conf and reports errors. If
that returned nothing then there's nothing wrong with the configuration.
The other thing to try (based on the assertion failure in your other mail)
is to use named-checkzone on the zone files to see if there's an error
named-checkzone domain path/to/zonefile