SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] sending output to both screen and log file, how ?
- To: Shane MacPhillamy <smacphil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] sending output to both screen and log file, how ?
- From: Glen Turner <glen.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:59:57 +0930
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Australian Academic and Research Network
On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 10:09, Shane MacPhillamy wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> Instead of tee the following should work also:
> echo "$now $0 executed for $DOMAIN on in $exectime sec" 1>&2 >>
OK. Now try and set up a centralised log host for all of the machines
the sysadm controls.
The syslog subsystem exists for good reasons, as does the "logger"