SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] do all logs in /var/log get rotated, or where is that ?
- To: Voytek <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] do all logs in /var/log get rotated, or where is that ?
- From: Kevin Saenz <ksaenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:09:20 +1000
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6 (Windows/20040502)
You have a psudo deamon called logrotate.d it's a cron job that runs on
a daily basis and reads the
config files in both /etc/ and /etc/logrotate.d/ directories.
what motivates various log files in /var/log to be rotated ?
if I have a script that logs to /var/log/mylog.log, will that get rotated,
or, where do I enrol it , should I wish to have it rotated (and I probably
do not, it writes one entry per day)