SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] linux VPN server/firewall
- To: Ben de Luca <bedel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] linux VPN server/firewall
- From: David Kempe <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:02:49 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Cc: gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.7.2 (Windows/20040707)
Ben de Luca wrote:
This looks complicated on the client side, IT doesnt use the built in
vpn functionality of the client os?
no, because the builtin vpn functionality of windows is either insecure,
or doesn't really interoperate nicely.
You can get it to work, but its actually more work in my experience.
Althought PPTP is not so bad these days and with the right PPTPd you
should be right