SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] A(nother) question on audacity.
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] A(nother) question on audacity.
- From: Bill Bennett <wbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:30:51 +1000
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.4.1i
I opened audacity.
I received the following error message.
Pa_SetupDeviceFormat: warning - requested sample rate = 96000 Hz - closest = 46790
This is, I gather, telling me that the "card" that is
currently in the computer can't hack a sample rate of
96000 Hz and that the best it can do is 46790.
So, I have a couple of questions, please:---
1) I'm ripping a CD simply to teach myself audacity, so a
sample rate of 46790 would be OK.
Presumably I have to set audacity to do this. Can anyone
tell me how?
2) I was going to rip the CD via cdparanoia and open it
with audacity. The sampling biz would apply to cdparanoia
also, wouldn't it? If so, how do I adjust cdparanoia?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.