Re: [SLUG] Wine & MYOB

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 16:39 +1000, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> I went down the "install on Windows and copy across" path.
>
> _Almost_ all of MYOB gets installed in its own directory, just a couple
> of ini files in the Windows dir., but it did need a Windows dll which I
> had to copy across as well.
>
> Anyway I got it started with several repeats of an error message, but it
> still isn't fully there yet, so I guess I might have to fork out for
> win4lin.

Ok, can you give us a bit more info on this? What version of MYOB for
starters. Is WINE spitting out information on the terminal you're
starting it on? what info? What error are you seeing when it starts?
Does clicking through the error message correspond to info on the
terminal?

I think Andrew Cowie's suggestion of using crossover wine is worth
investigating. I believe they have a demo program available on their
website.

HTH,

James.

--