SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Fedora Font Server [Was: X11 Font?]
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Fedora Font Server [Was: X11 Font?]
- From: Mike MacCana <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:39:04 +1000 (EST)
- Cc: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Rob Weir">
> > Fedora still uses a font server by default? Why?
So that workstations don't have to cache large amounts of fonts locally?
Why wouldn't you want to use a font server? Am I missing something?