Re: [SLUG] X11 Font?

* Malik Jayawardena (malikj@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Anyway I keep getting this error:
> "Font not found: -*-helvetica-bold-r-normal-*-*-480-*-*-*-*-*-*No font
> found for GL"

Did you type this or paste it?
There appear to be 14 fields in this XLFD (X Logical Font Descriptor), where
there should be 13.

		  $ xlsfonts | grep helvetica | less

I doubt whether that's due to the differences between distributions. It's
either a typo or a screw loose in the error messages of the software.

The 480 is the POINT_SIZE, (i.e 48pt). If I look for 48pt fonts here

		  $ xlsfonts | grep 480

I get a few, but no helvetica. Maybe you need to look for a larger helvetica
somewhere. I'll have a go as well later.