SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Mangled console - One of life's mysteries
- To: David <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Mangled console - One of life's mysteries
- From: Matthew Davidson <mdavids@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:30:54 +1000
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5 (X11/20040304)
The 'reset' command should work.
I have a Debian woody box run in console mode only. While I was logged
into another woody box, I did:
The mystery file turned out to be a word .doc
Subsequently, my prompt and anything going to the screen has turned into
gibberish. Even after logging out of the other box I'm still getting
gibberish at the prompt, and can't get rid of the gibberish on that
console, although the others all work fine. I was going to cut and paste
it here, but instead of what i actually see on the screen, I get the
mangled console message reproduced below. Is there any way to restart that
console and get it back? Does anyone know what might have happened?
0419 242 316 ... (02) 6658 1607
Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
(Save as HTML or RTF)