From: David Gillies [mailto:daveg@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 8:13 PM
To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Linux on a Toshiba Satellite A30

 From the boot prompt of Fedora (or any other redhat linux for that
matter) try putting in "linux text noprobe" and see how you go.

Ben Donohue wrote:

Hi Andres,
try doing a text based install rather than a gui install.
it's one of the options when you initially start it up. I think from
memory you can press F1 for more options??? (this could be wrong) it's
been a while but textonly may be an option. anyway have a look around
at the initial startup.
Ben

gonny wrote:

Hi all,

I am having problems installing Linux on my Toshiba Satellite A30. I
have tried a few distributions and all seem to have problems. At the
moment I am trying to install Fedore Core 2 and as soon as I get to
the first installation screen which asks if I want to test the media
I lose response from the keyboard and the touchpad. The keyboard does
work at bootup and I have tried specifing some kernel parameters but
havent had much luck. I have similar problems with Mandrake 10 when
it gets to the GUI I lose the touchpad. Does anyone have any ideas?

I will consider anything,
Andres

---

---