Re: [SLUG] Spoofed email address

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 09:01:04AM +1000, Simon Males wrote:
> >You can't stop it. Just delete the bounces and be done with it.
>
> Possibly if the virus's are also being sent to you, and the 'Received'
> host is consistent, you could possible know someone who is using that
> ISP. Mail daemon bounces sometimes reply with the supposed senders
> header so you can check it out there as well.

What Simon said.

I had the privilege of the being the alleged sender of
a Turkish mailing list once, which apparently went to
of thousands of recipients.  With the number of undeliverables
I got, some had the original full headers and I was able
to track the originating machine down to an ISP in Germany.

I emailed their abuse@ adress and it soon dried up.

So, do check the message -- it may have the original
headers.

Matt