Re: [SLUG] habeas compliant spam

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 10:42:58PM +1000, lists@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Matt, yes, I've read the faq, and, submitted the spam, but... it kinda
> seems like a somewhat flawed idea ?
> hence, I was curious

I _suspect_ that habeas does not actually give _anyone_
a licence, so the only users are those spammers who
are thus contravening the license, opening themselves
up to legal action.

Even it were not so, I think it's a worthwhile idea.
There is some, very little but _some_ unsolicited
commercial email that I do not mind receiving.

It's all voluntary, and if you don't want any
spam you could reject on the habeas headers
instead of accept.

Matt