SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] CUPS and escputil
- To: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] CUPS and escputil
- From: Nick Croft <nicko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:43:07 +1000
- Reply-to: nicko@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Carrier Pidgeon
* Simon Wong (linux@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > However, I want to check the ink level, and for this I need to use a command
> > line tool, escputil.
> > The output for
> > $ escuptil -i -r /dev/lp0 is
> > 'Cannot parse output from printer'.
> Try the "-d" option that identifies the printer to confirm that it
> recognizes it.
Strangely, the -d option gives an answer:
which I hope refers to STylus.
I'm wondering if for anything more useful, I need to use lppasswd or other
options in the cups.conf file.
I like CUPS. But I think that there's a way to go with it before it is
understandable to the average IT professional.
> I don't have my USB printer here so can't think of anything else.
I'm using the parallel port connection, fwiw. Could't face the prospect of
the additional problems usb might bring.
Yes, it did.