SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] CUPS and escputil
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] CUPS and escputil
- From: Nick Croft <nicko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:18:48 +1000
- Reply-to: nicko@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/220.127.116.11+cvs20040105i
I've got the new Epson Color Stylus C83 printing OK with CUPS via the
Everything available with CUPS admininstration seems to be working fine.
However, I want to check the ink level, and for this I need to use a command
line tool, escputil.
The output for
$ escuptil -i -r /dev/lp0 is
'Cannot parse output from printer'.
I've got the two-way option assigned in the kernel. Also quite liberal
permissions for access in the /etc/cups/cups.conf.