Re: [SLUG] Hotplug: USB memory stick

Craig Dibble wrote:
Erich Schulz wrote:

How can I identify the numbers that are required in the list so that the script gets called?

Not sure if this is what you mean, but check the usb.ids file, or get it from the maintainer's site:

http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids

Alternatively, just run usbview and check the vendor and product ids

HTH
Craig

Hi Craig:

At the moment I cant get usbmodules to recognise my usb stick and call the correct script. I have been through the bash script for the hotplug agent and the functions used and it comes down to usbmodules returning the correct value.

usbmodules can be told to return the matching value in the /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap file. But I don't know how to extract the values from the lsusb or usbview data, into the format of usb.usermap file to give me a match

Cheers

Erich