[SLUG] tcp tuning

Hi

I am want to be able to tune my linux stack (2.6) to allow for better
downloads.  I am on bigpond cable and I am currently hitting a peak of
3683.8 kb/s (mrtg).

The way i figure it is I am being limited by my upstream sending ack's
back.  I have controll of the 2 linux box's I would like to allow the
sending box (in the states) to have allow bigger outbound window/queue
and the same on my end.

Is this possible ? I used to get nearly double this rate when I was
on the unlimited speed plan, now on the 128Kb upstream, heaps cheaper.

Alex