Re: [SLUG] AOL SUCKS

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Jeff Allison wrote:

> Anyone been getting these
>
> And maybe know a work around

It's commonplace these days for mail administrators to use RBL checks on
inbound commections.

One of the RBL lists has a heading for "dial-up blocks", or IP's which are
dynamically assigned to dial up clients, or dynamic allocation IP
addresses - which means that if the email *is* spam, it can't necessarily
be tracked effectively. My mail server does exactly what AOL's does -
denies the connection.

A work around is to relay your outbound mail through your ISP's
"legitimate" mail server - that way, AOL will see it coming from a
non-dynamic IP, and accept the message.

This, of course, depends on your ISP allowing you to relay through it.

DaZZa