SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] E: Unable to parse package file /var/lib/dpkg/status (1)
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] E: Unable to parse package file /var/lib/dpkg/status (1)
- From: Adam Bogacki <afb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:33:23 +1300
- Cc: wellylug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040122 Debian/1.6-1
E: Unable to parse package file /var/lib/dpkg/status (1)
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
I'm seeing an awful lot of this error message at the moment.
It comes up whenever I try to 'apt-get update', 'apt-get remove', 'dselect'.
I have not been able to update or upgrade for 3-4 weeks
- a large backlog in unstable - and cannot remove or delete files.
I have tried replacing file 'status' with 'status-old', with no change.
Someone called 'No Spam' on debian-user asked me to send them a copy of
promising to unearth a script they had used to fix a similar problem.
I did so, but have not heard from them since.
If anyone here can be of assistance I'll send them a copy, but am wary
it to this list - too large ?