Re: [SLUG] smtp and fedora

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Dennis M. Gray wrote:

> I am trying to configure a new Fedora installation but get a "Connection
> Refused" when trying to connect remotely to port 25. I have looked at
> iptables, which seem okay. netstat -lpetu shows that it is listening on
> port 25.

Port 25 of which IP address? In Fedora / RH, Sendmail and Postfix are
installed as submission agents only (ie, to send email out, but not listen
externally to recieve it).

To make Postfix listen on port 25 of interfaces other than the loopback,
open /etc/postfix/main.cf and change the inet_interfaces line to use all.

For Sendmail, open up /etc/sendmail/sendmail.mc, find the appropriate
option (I can't remember it off the top of my head) and regenerate the
config from the macro config file.

Mike