SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] key management for pgp keys
- To: Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] key management for pgp keys
- From: Andrew Cowie <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:34:05 +1100
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Operational Dynamics
On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 22:15, Ken Foskey wrote:
> If we have their public key installed
You meant "private" here, right?
> Any other thoughts on how to protect the keys?
Keychain sized USB flash drive which the secret keychain is carried on?
Also - if you used symmetric encryption throughout (PGP supports, gpg
option -c) then it would just be a conventional matter of remembering
the encryption passphrase as opposed to public/private key management
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd
Australia: +61 2 9977 6866 North America: +1 646 472 5054