SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] SuSE CDs?
- To: Bret Comstock Waldow <bwaldow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] SuSE CDs?
- From: ksaenz <ksaenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:08:07 +1100
- Cc: Sydney LUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Cc: Chris Deigan <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Spinaweb
- Reply-to: ksaenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know it's a download but have you tried linuxiso.org?
they gave a heap of iso files for various distros.
They have suse-live eval 9.0
> > Basically, the free way to install SuSE is to do a FTP Install or
> > over NFS.
> > You can donwload a set of floppies / a cdrom that starts the install,
> > and the rest is downloaded off the internet as the installer needs it.
> I tried that, burned the install CD and started the process.
> It's glacial. I've tried both ftp.suse.com and mirror.aarnet.edu.au,
> and I'm working off a cable modem. I'll evolve before I get a system
> that way. That's why I'm asking for CDs.
Security, Trust, and Service
P: 02 46205130
F: 02 46259243
M: 04 18455661