SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] SuSE CDs?
- To: Chris Deigan <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] SuSE CDs?
- From: Bret Comstock Waldow <bwaldow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:59:08 +1100
- Cc: Sydney LUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 20:29, Chris Deigan wrote:
> Basically, the free way to install SuSE is to do a FTP Install or
> over NFS.
> You can donwload a set of floppies / a cdrom that starts the install,
> and the rest is downloaded off the internet as the installer needs it.
I tried that, burned the install CD and started the process.
It's glacial. I've tried both ftp.suse.com and mirror.aarnet.edu.au,
and I'm working off a cable modem. I'll evolve before I get a system
that way. That's why I'm asking for CDs.