[SLUG] OSX & Linux

Hello SLUG..

Has anyone here by any chance done any work with OSX Panther machines and a Linux server? I'm about to dive into it and am looking for direction. Like for eg network mounting the home directory - afp, smb or nfs? Authentication with LDAP? That kind of stuff... i know, this is too broad a question really, and there's always google - but i'd appreciate even just a link to a great web page that tells it all - there's something about having a 'personal recommendation' that google just can't beat. ;-)

cheers,
..S.

PS what about a crate of beer to anyone (in sydney) with the experience prepared to have a chat on the phone for 1/2 an hour with me.. it's not that i don't know how to do it, it's just choosing the best of the available options is bewildering..