SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] OT Voice of IP via ADSL
- To: Richard Hayes <nada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] OT Voice of IP via ADSL
- From: ksaenz <ksaenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:53:51 +1100
- Cc: Sydney Linux User Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Spinaweb
- Reply-to: ksaenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Now that xDSL connections are as low $40 /mth, is it possible to run VoIP?
What I have heard (from some guy at Flow Communication) is VoIP is still
in it's infancy. Apparently it doesn't work that well. But test it out
if you have the bandwidth to burn.
> What are the problems and can you call a 'normal' phone?
> Richard Hayes
> Nada Marketing - Australia & UK
> 2/713 Pacific Hwy Gordon Australia 2072
> Ph +(61-2) 9418 4545 Fax +(61-2) 9418 4348 Mob +(61) 0414 618 425
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.577 / Virus Database: 366 - Release Date: 3/02/2004
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html
Security, Trust, and Service
P: 02 46205130
F: 02 46259243
M: 04 18455661