SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] [OT] Mail relaying problem
- To: Alexander Samad <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] [OT] Mail relaying problem
- From: ksaenz <ksaenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 15:50:54 +1100
- Cc: Sydney Linux User Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: GNU Linux
- Reply-to: ksaenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I checked with her and its seem like she never recieved any of the
> emails. I come from Telstra's Cable network so its probably on some RBL
> list (well it is for AOL).
I am only assuming here but I think this is part of Aohell and
Microsoft's antispamming program. If you don't pay them for the
privilige of spamming they will block known source of spam, ie: most
cable, dsl, dial-up ip ranges.
> So work around i now send all my mail via telstra mail-hub. I would
> rather not as it has had problems.
> But doesn't this mean that hotmail is breaking the MTA rules, if they
> are going to not deliver an email shouldn't they give a proper 5xx
> return code?