SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] samba 3.0?
- To: DE LUCA Ben <delucab@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] samba 3.0?
- From: Kevin Saenz <ksaenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:20:00 +1100
- Cc: Sydney Linux User Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I am not running Samba3 in an AD environment. But I have configured it
using ldap and it is the domain controller for a couple of XP
I believe in the coming versions of Samba3 will allow you to sign up
w2k and new machines without the need for the signorseal reg hack.
So far you still need it.
I know that at my x-employer samba3 is thriving in that environment.
> Any one want to describe any hellish issues with it? I want to use it
> as an alternative method for accessing my server, I run samba2 on a
> different machine for (>99%) of my users. But AD intergration is a holey
> How unstable is it?
Ph: 02 4620 5130
Fax: 02 4625 9243