SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] samba 3.0?
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] samba 3.0?
- From: Phil Scarratt <fil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:20:21 +1100
- Organization: Draxsen Technologies
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031013 Thunderbird/0.3
Seems stable enough to me. I'd highly recommend it, many improvements.
I have it running with around 300 users at one site without a hitch. The
only advice: as the documentation warns, if upgrading from samba2 in a
PDC environment be wary of SID issues. The SID can change which will
cause all hell break loose if you're not wary of it (ie change it back
to the old sid). Having said that, I don't use the AD features as yet....
DE LUCA Ben wrote:
Any one want to describe any hellish issues with it? I want to use it
as an alternative method for accessing my server, I run samba2 on a
different machine for (>99%) of my users. But AD intergration is a holey
How unstable is it?
0403 53 12 71