SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] RedHat 8/9 - ADSL dialup
- To: Bernard Doyle <bernardd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] RedHat 8/9 - ADSL dialup
- From: Kevin Saenz <ksaenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:32:23 +1100
- Cc: Sydney Linux User Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > I could do the same for the ADSL connection, but now I'm
> > wondering how much of a security risk is it to have
> > X-Windows and kde on the dial-up/firewall machine? Note
> > that I'll have a pretty secure ipchains script running on
> > the dialup machine.
In case you were wondering. You can also block access to
X ports on the internet side, and allow access from your LAN.
The other way you could tackle it is by booting your machine
at run level 3 rather than 5. If you have ssh you can run
X apps without the need to run X.
I guess this is a little off your topic.
> I think I've found the answer to this question myself...
> use the adsl-setup script.
Ph: 02 4620 5130
Fax: 02 4625 9243