Re: [SLUG] What has happened to nfs on debian woody

Terry Collins wrote:

> I do a mount -va and get RPC program not registered.
>
> So what does this mean in relation to nfs on debian woody. I know the
> error comes from mounting two exports from another linux boxen
> (successfully mounted elsewhere).

This problem has been fixed, but not solved {;-). It turned out to be a
problem in the other computer, which was fixed when its NFS servers were
restarted.

I noticed that whilst a RH8 boxen was successfully accessing files with
the "file server", an earlier RH boxen was also reporting the same error
(it unfortunately had to be rebooted). So just on spec, I restarted the
NFs on the server and things are working fine all round so far.

--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au  www:
http://www.woa.com.au