SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Gentoo
- To: Oscar Plameras <oscarp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Gentoo
- From: Mike MacCana <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 14 Oct 2003 13:54:06 +1000
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 06:41, Oscar Plameras wrote:
> From: "Mike MacCana" <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 05:40, Oscar Plameras wrote:
> > > I hardly use 'rpm' to build components and applications because
> > > I follow the latest versions of 'apache', 'php', 'mysql',
> > > 'ldap', 'postfix', and 'horde' and I cannot be bothered building rpms.
> > it shouldn't take you more than a minute to
> > package any of these applications from source.
> Are you able
> to post a packaging script that is readily modifiable with building 'HORDE'
> and all its components ?
If you just want a bianry horde, visit:
If you want a customzied build...
1. grab the source packages from
2. Install them with rpm -Uvh *.src.rpm
3. Edit /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/(package).spec
4. Append any custom options you want after the `%configure' bit.
5. Install rpm-build, and run rpmbuila -ba (package).spec
Install the resulting custom package.
Mike MacCana Consultant RHCX, MCSE, MCP+I
Cybersource: Providing Quality IT Professional Services for 11 Years
Specialists in Unix/Linux, TCP/IP and Web Application Development
Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne. Ph : 03 9621 2377 Fax: 03 9621 2477