SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Sending copies of emails
- To: Grant Parnell <gripz+slug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Sending copies of emails
- From: Norman Widders <torquemada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:34:53 +1000 (AUS Eastern Standard Time)
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Grant Parnell wrote:
1. use Synonym which is a milter for sendmail, no messing
around and playing with kludges/aliases. why reinvent the wheel
or write scripts or replace an existing MTA? (flames -> /dev/null)
took me an hour to get it working without breaking anything.
2. synonym works for *all* in/out email saving a backup real easy
you might want to investigate it..
> If you're talking system wide and you want to cover *all* email going
> through your server (in and out via SMTP) then you can install
> obtuse-smtpd which is different from the qmail smtpd. Essentially it
> You could configure it to receive email into one directory then write a
> simple shell script to copy to archive directory and to a processing
> directory where the smtpfwdd process passes it onto sendmail or other
> MTA's. This also has the benefit that you can shutdown sendmail to
> work/config/experiment on whilst still receiving and spooling email until
> you're ready.
E-Solutions for BSD and Linux http://www.paladincorp.com.au/