SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] allowing/disabling ftp access by user type, how ?
- To: Sydney Linux User Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] allowing/disabling ftp access by user type, how ?
- From: Voytek <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:53:48
- Reply-to: Voytek <voyteke@xxxxxxxxxx>
I have several users that run web pages, they need ftp access ;
then, I have more users whose mail we get, and, they pop their mail off the
neither users have shell access, with /shell/false (whatever the correct
so, everything is OK, but, potentially, my email users could ftp to their
I'd like to prevent ftp access for mail users, but, leave as is (allowed)
to 'webmasters' users.
where do I do that ? somewhere in RedHat stuff ? ProFTP stuff ? ?
tried googling, so far without any success to this issue
say, once upon a time, when I typed 'google.com' I got google.com;
now, I type 'google.com' but, I get 'google.com.au'; who/where does that ?