RE: [SLUG] ot: Mac OSX and virii in the open

As far as crashing goes, well OS X has been **fairly stable, though not
bullet proof. OS 9 on the other hand was a joke in terms of stability...

Trying to interface to MS windows networks from OS X does sometimes hang
the system (maybe just aqua, but there doesn't seem to be alt+F6 type of
runlevel switching that I love about my linux box, so sometimes only a
reboot seems to help)

I have a Linux firewall with an assortment of computers accessing the
internet through it, which includes one Mac with OSX loaded. So far it's
held off any intrusions, though I haven't had the wonderful luck of
receiving a mac virus, yet!
Maybe you should also discourage your users from using peer to peer
systems cause of their reputation for undermining security...

Oh yeah, my two cents on OSX is that it wastes too much resources being
pretty. I like lean mean computing machines (yeah blackbox!). Stupid
fashionable GUIs! mutter mutter...

Cheers,
Jasper
<-J.L.E Streit->