Re: [SLUG] ot: Mac OSX and virii in the open

I've been running MacOS 9* for may years and have yet to see a virus.
Several of my macs are exposed to the 'net (ie.. 24/7 connections). I
think it's a case of:

* Nobody can be bothered to write a virus for a mac
* Mac's mostly aren't listening anyway
* Mac's don't have the usual vulnerabilities that Mr.Gates loves to build
into Win***
* Even if you are silly enough to use Outlook on a Mac, an .exe doesn't
run, neither does a .scr etc (see above).

I've hardly used OSX, but it's Unix, so anything that can hit Unix can hit
OSX.  I've tried OSX just to check it out, and my recollection is that the
standard install is fairly sane.