[SLUG] linux mandrake

hi,
could anybody help me please with the following problem.

I have installed the program 5 times over the last 8 hours, and I can't get past the login stage, each time. my user name is accepted, my password is accepted, but then I get the following line [harry@localhost harry] $_ the cursor is flashing, but no matter what I enter now it goes back to login

I have read my little red book, but can't find what I am supposed to enter after the localhost line

I have entered my root password, but that also does not help me....

I thought it was about time that I found another o/s but so far I am getting nowhere fast..

thanks Harry

--
SLUG Committee