SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Inbuilt macros/defines in gcc
- To: Sydney Linux User Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Inbuilt macros/defines in gcc
- From: John Clarke <johnc+slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:44:03 +1000
- User-agent: Mutt/126.96.36.199i
On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 02:31:38PM +1000, Kevin Saenz wrote:
> Aren't they part of the .h files?
Yes, but the compiler also defines some - some are internal (compiled
into gcc when it was built), some are based on command line switches
(try adding -march=i686 and see what changes) and others are from the
compiler's specs file - on a RH7.3 box, it's in:
The "i386-redhat-linux" is the machine triplet used to configure gcc,
"2.96" is the version number.
GPG key id: 0xD59C360F