RE:: [SLUG] Cups printing on Debian Woody - FIXED

slug-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02-10-2003 10:36:19 AM:

> Hi All,
> I have found a little more information, that I am hoping someone can
help
> me correct.
> I put the logging in cups upto debug, I get no error message in there,
but
> what I do get specifically is:
>
> D [02/Oct/2003:10:31:57 +1000] gs command: cat
>
> Why would be gs command be cat? that would explain why the printer is
> printing Postscript info, but I cannot find where this is being called
> from.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers?

I fixed the problem, so I'm posting my results if anyone is interested.
There seemed to be a problem with the HP 710 ppd that comes with
cupsomatic-ppd
So I went to www.linuxprinting.org and download the ppd for the hp 7130,
and also downloaded foomatic-rip & foomatic-wrapper, and it works.

Scott