Re: [SLUG] ADMIN: Spam, how we're fighting it, and why you should stop talking about it...

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:24:06 +1000
Mary Gardiner <mary@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> have:
>
>  - upgraded SpamAssassin to version 2.60 which no longer gives negative
>    scores to mails with valid In-Reply-To and References headers;
>
>  - considerably customised the SpamAssassin scores based on spam that SA
>    wasn't catching; and
>
>  - added further header checks.

Thanks Mary and Peter.

Despite all the whinging (most of it from one person) I do believe
that you are doing a good job of keeping as much spam as possible off
the list. Obviously its not perfect, but I also don't think it ever can
be.

My only real suggestion is that the person who looks after the
mailing list whitelists all SLUG mail going to their own account
so they are better able to monitor the spam level on the list
and tweak the filters as required.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Yes it's valid)
Java : A language from the C family of languages. It has all the bad
features of C++ but without the most powerful feature of C, pointers.