Re: [SLUG] ot: BIND setup, need it resolve to itself 1st ?

This one time, at band camp, Voytek Eymont wrote:
>any BIND experts ?
>
>If I am setting up primary DNS server, it is supposed to resolve to itself
>first, like:
>
>127.0.0.1
><it's hostid>
><slave DNS host>

Do you mean in the /etc/resolve.conf file?

If so, then yeah, as long as bind is listening on the loopback interface,
then you can list 127.0.0.1 as the first resolver.

I wouldn't bother listing the external IPs on the same machine -- if it's
the same bind instance then listing it twice is going to give you double the
grief waiting for dns timeouts when bind dies before it moves onto the slaves.

--
jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg