Re: [SLUG] Duplicating CD's

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 dazza@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Matthew Palmer wrote:
>
> > Better ways of duplicating CDs are:
> >
> > * Using cdread (input equivalent of cdrecord) to rip the disk, or
>
> Does this work for data as well as audio?

Yup.  Works quite well.

> > * Mounting the disk and running mkisofs over it.
>
> Que? How is this done? I've always had trouble with mkisofs and its myriad
> of switches.

I wrote a wrapper script that did most of the work for me.  Hmm, here it is:

---[START]---
#!/bin/sh
# Little wrapper script to create a reasonable CD image.

IMAGE=/var/tmp/track$$.raw

mkisofs -v -r -J -l -o $IMAGE $*

echo "CD Image is at $IMAGE"

Just call it as "makeimage /cdrom" after mounting the CD, and awaaaaay it
goes...

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16